Our dentist office in downtown Winnipeg, uses dental exams and x-rays to help identify any oral diseases before they get serious.
During your appointment, our team may perform a comprehensive dental exam. This can include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- Gum disease evaluation
- Examination of tooth decay
- Examination of existing restorations
- Examination of your bite position
What are digital x-rays?
Digital x-rays are used to help detect oral risks before they become significant problems. They can be viewed instantly and are stored as digital images on the computer.
Are dental x-rays necessary?
Yes! They are essential to preventing oral diseases from manifesting into more serious problems. We want to identify any issues while we can treat them.
Dental X-rays can help detect
- Abcesses or cysts
- Bone loss
- Cancerous and non-cancerous tumours
- Developmental abnormalities