At Downtown Dental Group in Winnipeg, we can conduct root canals in order to save teeth with infected, inflamed, or a dead pulp.
When the pulp of your tooth has been infected, inflamed, or is dead, our dental team may use root canal therapy to save it. Our team will clean out the pulp and remove the bacteria and decay.
Once the area is cleaned, we will restore the root of the tooth in order to keep the infection from returning. We will also place a crown on the tooth in order to protect the structure of the tooth.
Symptoms For a Root Canal
- Sensitivity to hot or cold food/beverages
- Severe toothache
- A pimple or abscess on the gums
- Tenderness and swelling
Reasons for Root Canal Therapy
- Decay has reached the pulp (living tissue inside the tooth)
- Infection or abscess inside the tooth or at the root tip
- Injury or trauma to the tooth
- Previous extensive work performed on the tooth